Sep 28, 2020 7:40 PM
The goal of the Middle School League is to provide a venue for younger players to gain more tournament experience, while allowing them to play against competitors of their same ability. Eligible players must be enrolled in an academic program as a fifth through eighth grade student and will be entered as an individual. Players are responsible for bringing or leasing appropriate horses for the tournament, as the split string format is not used. Player applications are accepted on a rolling basis by the tournament.
Western Region middle schoolers gathered to participate in the Central Coast Polo Club’s USPA Middle School tournament in Los Osos, California. Teams participating included Sylvesters and Kuma. Sylvesters came out victorious after a hard-fought battle in the finals.
All-Stars: Linnea Johnson, Morgan Manos, Alyssa Neville, Kate Soderin.
Horsemanship Award: Linnea Johnson.
Sportsmanship Award: Kate Soderin.
Best Playing Pony: Patera, ridden by Hunter Jones, owned by Central Coast Polo Club and donated by Susan Cooley.
Teams Participating: Sylvesters, Kuma.
• Northeastern Region: October 3-4 at Tinicum Polo Club (Allentown, New Jersey)
• Southeastern Region: October 10-11 at Garrison Forest School Polo Club (Owings Mills, Maryland)
• Northeastern Region: October 10-11 at Gardnertown Polo Club (Newburgh, New York)
• Western Region: October 31-November 1 at Lakeside Polo Club (Lakeside, California)
• Southeastern Region: November 8-9 at New Bridge Polo Club (Aiken, South Carolina)
• Northeastern Region: November 8-9 at Yale Polo Club (Bethany, Connecticut)
• Central Region: November 21-22 at Houston Polo Club (Brookshire, Texas)
• Southeastern Region: December 5-6 at Liberty Hall Polo Club (Rixeyville, Virginia)
For more information on the Middle School League contact Ali Davidge at email@example.com.
Effective Date: Saturday, May 16, 2020
The suspension of USPA Tournaments and Events will be lifted for USPA Member Clubs in locales where hosting polo matches and tournaments is permitted under applicable state and local laws, executive orders and similar decrees. The USPA Member Clubs in these locales are encouraged to follow all such requirements of their state and local authorities with respect to polo operations. In addition, we also encourage all USPA Member Clubs to take the precautions recommended by the CDC. We are preparing a detailed list of best practices for USPA Member Clubs as they return to hosting USPA Tournaments and Events and plan to circulate these guidelines within the next week. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and will notify you if we determine a different course of action is necessary.Read More