The independent contractor will help facilitate and expedite the flow of information within the USPA by working primarily on seasonal National Polo Center - Wellington (NPC) related projects, promoting club activities, press and media, aiding with social media and publishing an e-newsletter informing and educating fans.
Term: December 2023 - April 2024
Location: Wellington, Florida
Reports Directly to: Matt Baran, Executive Director of Communications
Also Reports to: Cristina Fernandez, Communications Manager
During the Term, and any renewals, Contractor shall perform the following scope of services and each of the duties and responsibilities listed below:
- Assist with management of press at NPC, including reporters, photographers and videographers. Managing the credentialing process digitally and overseeing correct usage of press passes during on-site events.
- Assist with on-site NPC branding, including print materials, signage, banners and design projects.
- Develop and collaborate with graphic designers to produce NPC marketing materials: print and digital collateral, social media graphics, email marketing, advertising, Sunday program and more.
- Responsible for providing announcer scripts to facilitate effective event commentary and announcements. Requires a consistent presence at all Sunday matches during the winter season.
- Works with Executive Director of Communications and Communications Manager for top-tier tournament coverage including aspects of livestream production (interviews, horse lists, live reads, etc.).
- Send out email marketing campaigns for public engagement at NPC, to engage and excite our audience during the polo season. This includes strategically promoting Sunday ticket sales, events and various related initiatives.
- Help create content for various social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter/X, YouTube), as necessary.
- Takes on new jobs from Executive Director of Communications as it relates to marketing or communications of NPC.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to Executive Director, Matt Baran, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective Date: Saturday, May 16, 2020
The suspension of USPA Tournaments and Events will be lifted for USPA Member Clubs in locales where hosting polo matches and tournaments is permitted under applicable state and local laws, executive orders and similar decrees. The USPA Member Clubs in these locales are encouraged to follow all such requirements of their state and local authorities with respect to polo operations. In addition, we also encourage all USPA Member Clubs to take the precautions recommended by the CDC. We are preparing a detailed list of best practices for USPA Member Clubs as they return to hosting USPA Tournaments and Events and plan to circulate these guidelines within the next week. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and will notify you if we determine a different course of action is necessary.Read More